A new morning, a new day. I love fresh starts! Lamentations 3.22-23 -
The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
I actually felt motivated to get out of bed this morning and spend time in the Word! I have never been blessed so much by a genealogy! The first section of Matthew 1 reminded me yet again of two great truths. First, God is a God of order. I love that. When things are not orderly, something within me churns to bring order to the room, situation, or whatever it may be. I love seeing how God's desire for order plays out in His creation and His plan. Second, I was reminded that God uses the biggest sinners to accomplish His will. "David was the father of Solomon by Bathsheba who had been the wife of Uriah" - v. 6. David lusted, gave into temptation, committed adultery and murder, and God still used those decisions to bring about His divine purposes! He used Solomon to build His temple and to carry on the genealogy that would lead up to the birth of Jesus Christ! It gives me hope that God uses our mistakes and failures to bring glory to Himself and joy to us :)
No comments:
Post a Comment