Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I love you, O Lord, my strength - Psalm 18.1

Matthew 1.18-25 shares the story of the conception and birth of Christ. As I spent time here this morning, here are some things that stood out and I wrote in my journal:

As is often in God's ways, the conception and birth of Jesus was unconventional and anything but politically correct. Joseph and Mary obeyed and continued in God's plan, regardless of ridicule they may have faced in doing so. We are so wired today to use common sense and to be politically correct about everything we do. But the gospel is so contrary to the system of this world! We can't strive for both. If we are truly set on following God's ways, then we can in no way pursue the "correctness" of our culture.

God is faithful to guide us in His will when we seek Him. It's easy to say, "But how do I know what God wants me to do?" But when you seek, He will answer. He does answer. I love seeing how He always keeps His promises to us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment