Today I took a day off work. I needed a break! I hadn't taken a day off since our trip home at Thanksgiving, so a personal day was in order! Thanks to a good friend whose husband works at Dallas Zoo, we had some free tickets to use! And the weather was PERFECT!
We'd visited there about two years ago, but much has changed since then. They've added the Giants of Africa exhibit, which was awesome! The elephants were fun to watch.

But my favorite was the giraffes! They have a feeding station where you can buy lettuce and hand feed the giraffes. So cool! I'd never pet a giraffe before! Definitely an awesome addition!
We also really enjoyed the aviary that houses a lot of unique birds from Africa. Seeing as we love birds, this was also a favorite! It's so neat to stand among them and not have to view them behind glass.
Another new addition is the koala walkabout. They are one of ten zoos in the country to exhibit koalas. So cute! We arrived just in time to watch them wake up, wander about their habitats, and eat some eucalyptus leaves!







Beautiful Post!!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a Happy Time ...